Network Engineer for Microsoft NOC
Seeking Full-time or consultant for 3 month virtualization project.
The Microsoft Network Engineer is responsible for the design, development and refinement of all network systems infrastructure and serves as one of the highest levels of escalation for network and security issues. Open to candidates who live within 80 miles of Bridgeport CT, this can be a full-time role or part-time consulting opportunity for the right expert.
Main challenge: help us get to a scalable, robust datacenter infrastructure by engaging virtualization technologies such as VMware, AWS and/or Azure cloud services. Ensure high availability among our ecommerce merchants that require performance driven 24/7 operations.
· Manage all (100 enterprise-level) servers, including e-mail, file, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
· Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
· Perform automated system backups and recovery of all systems and maintain accurate records of all backup activities according to current standard procedures.
· Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools
· Web site administration (load balancing, traffic monitoring and sizing)
· Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades and routine maintenance and maintain proper documentation.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
The Microsoft Network Engineer will be supporting our customers (and their use of our product) for 50% of their shift.
· Troubleshoot corporate customers Tier 2 through Tier 4 problems via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic services identified within GoECart’s SaaS environment
· Resolve mission critical or politically sensitive customer issues and maintain ownership of issues until resolved completely within the designated SLA parameters.
· Provide professional support by maintaining high standards of courtesy, listening skills, rapport building skills, client-expectation management, and handling difficult situations.
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
· 5 - 8 years network and/or system administration experience in a high availability NOC environment
· Expertise with Microsoft products/operating systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2, IIS 6.0 and 7.5, SQL Server 2005/2008/2013, Active Directory, DNS Services and Server Clustering, Log Shipping, Load Balancing, Virtualization, etc.
· Additional product expertise in Cisco equipment, ASA Firewalls, Veritas Backup Exec 10d (or higher), Symantec Anti-virus, and Uptime and IT health monitoring tools
· Experience with developing intrusion detection, prevention and firewall policies
· Must have outstanding customer service talents and excellent written and oral communication skill sets.
· Must exhibit equanimity and poise under the pressure of solving real-time issues. Logical problem-solving aptitude with a high level of accuracy and detail including the ability to multi-task under pressure.
· Must be a team player, self-motivated, committed, hard working, and flexible.
· Availability to work off-hours in our 24/7 environment when required, typically once or twice a month.
· BS degree in Computer Science or related field
· Microsoft System Administration, Networking or Web Development certifications are a plus (see below)
One more thing:
It would be helpful if you have one or more of the certifications such as Microsoft MCP, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), or other MSCE specializations (MSCE I, MSCE S, etc.), CISSP, Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
Send your resume to Careers@GoECart.com
Important: The subject field of your e-mail must include Ref. No. GECS-NETENG-14
Please no agencies or outside staffing firms.