Senior Ecommerce Software Architect
Are you tired of your code sitting on an intranet somewhere that only a few people use? Would you rather build consumer rich web sites built for the world of eCommerce?
GoECart is looking for a lead architect to work in a fast-paced development environment that's working on large volume, eCommerce web applications. When you come to work at GoECart, you can do that and be part of a talented team of technologists who are making a difference every day for the online merchants that use our software. If you want to work with the latest technology, have a great manager and thrive in a transparent environment that values a performance driven meritocracy then read on...
In this job...
- You will lead the development and deployment of the award winning GoECart Ecommerce Platform and Order Management System by personally implementing complex, specialized and highly technical components
- You will be personally implementing solutions that employ leading edge Microsoft technologies such as ASP, ASP.NET, MVC2, C#, JQuery, JSON, Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4.0, IIS 7, XML, SOAP, MS SQL Server 2008, SSRS and Cloud technologies (Microsoft Windows/SQL Azure and Amazon EC2)
- You will lead the development of formal QA methodologies and efficient release engineering processes in an Agile and Scrum environment.
- You will assist in the development of the functional specification of product features.
- You must be able to independently interpret business requirements and then design and develop highly scalable database driven web applications to quickly meet our clients' business objectives.
This is a "hands on" position that reports directly to the Chief Product Manager, who we hear is a decent fellow :)
If this excites you keep reading! GoECart is only looking for a smart, dynamic Senior Software Engineer who wants to make a name for him/herself in this industry and continue to develop award winning software.
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
- Experience in developing web-services and implementing a service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Ability to architect, code, implement and maintain high performance, distributed scalable software.
- Expertise within the Microsoft web environment, including IIS 7 and NUnit, FxCop, Nant, VSTP, Selenium
- 5+ years experience in industry-standard software development methodologies, e.g. use case-driven and test-driven iterative software development methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
- 5+ years experience in debugging, code-reviewing, code-refactoring & performance tuning in a commercial environment.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking, and build/release management is essential.
- Experience with short-lifetime development cycles.
- Prior startup experience and an ability to thrive in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Computer Science (preferably from a top-tier university)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Ecommerce, Retail and Order Management Solutions